Lubbock Christian University is committed to providing support to assist veterans and their dependents in obtaining a college degree. For the 2013 – 2014 academic year, Lubbock Christian University will be participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program. Students who are eligible for 100% funding from Chapter 33 benefits will receive a base tuition allowance of $19,198.00 per year from the VA. With Yellow Ribbon funding, LCU will provide a grant for 50% of the remaining tuition and fee charges, and that amount will be matched by the VA.
Please note that:
- The student must be approved by the VA to receive Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits at the 100% level. If your eligibility percentage is below 100%, you are not eligible to participate in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
- LCU Yellow Ribbon Scholarships are offered in lieu of all other LCU funded aid, including previously offered academic scholarships. If veteran benefits expire prior to graduation, academic scholarships may be reinstated as long as academic renewal requirements have been met.
- Renewal of LCU funded Yellow Ribbon contributions requires that you maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress towards your degree.
- Eligibility for the Yellow Ribbon Program is determined by the Veterans Affairs Administration and not LCU.
- The student must have entitlement left. (You will continue to use entitlement under the Post 9/11 GI Bill while participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program.)
- The student must provide the LCU VA Coordinator with the proper documentation needed to receive VA benefits under Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill while at Lubbock Christian University.
- The student must not be active duty or an active duty spouse.
Lubbock Christian University will require the student to be and remain in good academic standing. The LCU VA certification officer will communicate your eligibility for Yellow Ribbon to the Financial Aid office.