Gannaway,PaulaDirector of the Lubbock Christian University Library
Areas of Responsibility
- Library instruction
- Research assistance
- Electronic resources
- Oversees Periodicals and Circulation
- Collection development
- Liaison for Behavioral Science and Nursing
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:45am-4:45pm, Friday 7:45am-noon and appointments by request. Office: Library - Workroom 1 Phone #: 272 Paula.Gannaway@LCU.EDU
I have been at LCU since 1975 instructing library skills and assisting people with their information needs.
In 1957, my uncle & aunt were among the first faculty, which began my family's connection with the college.
After completing my Master's in Library Science, I returned to Lubbock and married a Lubbock native.
I am very active in the Associates of LCU helping to raise funds while working with wonderful ladies.
- L.R. Sr & Ruth Wilson Award for Teaching Excellence, 2008-2009
- Memberships: Texas Library Association, Christian College Librarians (serve as RSI indexer)
- Co-researcher on Evidence based research tool project with oral and poster presentations
- "Intergenerational communication in the workplace." LCU Scholars Colloquium, April 2010
- Christian College Librarians presentation on Professional Integrity, May 2009
- "Are ethics scriptural?: comparing the librarians' code of ethics to scripture." Christian Librarian, v.51 #3 September 2008, p.118-124.
- Christian Scholars Conference paper presented July 2003
- Booktalking programs for EEL4301, Antique Club, posted at Booktalks Quick and Simple webpage
- Who's Who in American Women, 2008
- Curriculum Vita (updated 2009)
- Adjunct for research component of Global Culture & Health