What is Undergraduate Research?
Undergraduate research is an inquiry or investigation conducted by undergraduate students that makes an original intellectual or creative contribution to the discipline.
Why Become Involved in Undergraduate Research?
- To allow students to be creators of knowledge rather than a consumers of knowledge
- To develop critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and intellectual independence
- To develop an understanding of research methodology
- To enhance student learning through mentoring relationships with faculty
- To improve opportunities for enrollment in graduate education
- To provide effective career preparation
- To open funding opportunities such as awards, grants and scholarships
- To present at local, state, and national conferences