School counselors in the South Plains and the state of Texas have no difficulty finding employment. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of educational, guidance, school, and vocational counselors is expected to grow 19 percent from 2010 to 2020. The M.S. in School Counseling from Lubbock Christian University will help prepare you to serve the personal, academic, and career needs of children and adolescents. The M.S. in School Counseling prepares students to become a certified school counselor.
At LCU, the professors are certified school counselors, certified diagnosticians, and licensed professional counselors. Through this unique blend of professors, you will learn to assess students through a variety of techniques to help you provide evidence-based interventions. Our courses provide innovative and hands-on-instruction to help you develop as a person and as a practitioner. You’ll enjoy small classes taught by cutting-edge professionals.
Currently, 100% of our graduates have passed their certification exams to become school counselors in the state of Texas because we offer a rigorous and challenging program that will help you be prepared for a rewarding career in a fast-growing profession.
Graduates will be able to:
- Effectively counseling in individual, family, and group settings.
- Conduct career assessments and help clients develop career goals
- Develop effective guidance lessons for classroom presentations
- Recognize when culture impacts personal and professional relationships
- Recognize when mental illness or developmental delays impact academic success
- Understand cutting edge research and how it can shape effective interventions
- Uphold the ethical and legal standards of the school counseling profession
Learn more about becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor and our M.S. in School Counseling. Contact Saundra Pounds at Saundra.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re ready for a rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, LCU’s Master's degree in School Counseling will prepare you to do just that and become a professional counselor.