- Ph.D. in Counselor Education
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Certified Bariatric Counseling Specialist
- Registered Animal Assisted Therapy Team along with Sadie, her Shetland Sheep dog
Office Hours: By appointment Cell Phone #: 806 239 2638 Kaylene.Brown@lcu.edu
Dr. Brown has been married for 42 years and has two grown children and seven terrific grandchildren. She has been a member of Green Lawn Church of Christ where she has been active in the Grief Programs. Her hobbies include spending time with her grandchildren and sewing.
What strengths do you bring to the Department of Behavioral Sciences?
Dr. Brown has experience teaching counseling and related classes online and in individual private practice. She taught online classes for the past 7 years for Liberty University Online. An LPC since 2002, Dr. Brown sees individual clients with issues such as grief, depression, chronic pain, end-of-life/life review, domestic violence, and bariatric surgery. She uses Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to work with PTSD and trauma victims.
What unique experiences and/or advantages do you think LCU graduates have?
LCU graduates have the advantage of a Christian environment. Through small classes, students receive more individual attention creating a positive interactive learning environment. Graduates receive a Christian education which provides a foundation for productive citizens and successful career paths.
- HSC 6301 Family Education
- HSC 6304 Organizational Leadership
- HSC 6310 Social Development of Individuals and Families
- HSC 6322 Human Sexuality
Previous Classes Taught
- HSER 500 Introduction to the Helping Fields
- HSER 509 Diversity in the Human Services Fields
- COUN 501 Counselor Professional Identity, Function and Ethics
- COUN 506 Integration of Psychology, Theology, and Spirituality in Counseling
- EPCE 5367 Family Counseling Applied to School Settings
- EPCE 5094 Internship in Counseling
- PSY 1300.02 Gen. Psychology
- PSY 3303.002 Abnormal Psychology online
- CHLT-1309 Community Ethics in the Applied Rehabilitation Program