The organizational meeting for the Associates was April 29, 1958, in the LCU cafetorium barracks. One of the first projects was to sew curtains for the windows. By October of that year there were 900 charter members. Many are still active participants. The organization has raised almost $3 million for LCU.
Some of the contributions were: construction of the home economics building (currently Behavioral Sciences), renovation of the Arnett House, remodeling of Johnson Hall, refurbishing Katie Rogers Hall, painting the President's home, landscaping, furniture, office renovations and parking lots.
Each year the Associates fund unbudgeted items for departments and offices. Our ongoing project is providing funds for the library to purchase books and other media requested by the faculty. Funds were also raised to convert the library card catalog to an online catalog.