Mahan,KarlVice President of Technological Advancement
- Ed. D. (1996) Education & Instructional Technology; Texas Tech University; Lubbock, Texas. Doctoral dissertation was titled, "The Interaction of Attitude and Self-efficacy with Innovativeness and Locus of Control in Teachers in a Televised Training Course".
- M. S. (1988) Education Secondary Administration; Eastern New Mexico University; Portales, NM
- B. S. (1981) Secondary Education; Lubbock Christian College; Lubbock, Texas.
- Technology Services
- Distance Learning
Office Hours: 8-5pm M-Th, 8-12pm F Office: AD East Lobby - AD East Lobby Office Phone #: 806.720.7122 Fax #: 806.720.7255 karl.mahan@LCU.EDU
Dr. Mahan has been working as the Vice President for Technological Advancement since the Spring of 2008. He has been a professor in the Graduate Education program since its inception in 1997 and in Graduate Nursing since 2006. He came to LCU in 1990 where he began work in the secondary education department and eventually serving as the chairman of the department.
Outside of LCU experience, he began his career as a coach winning a state championship as a HS baseball coach in Artesia, NM. He has been a Distance Education Specialist at Education Service Center Region 17 and a Technology Specialist at Frenship ISD. He has worked in developing or supporting several programs and projects including working with the Vision 2020 Grant Program, T3 Grant Program, Texas Virtual School, and the Masters Across Technology Program at North Texas University, and Microsoft Partners in Learning Network . He assists organizations with technology planning, professional development, grant management, reporting, and visioning. He is a member of numerous professional organizations including Educause, ASCD, TCEA, NITLE, PDK, KDP, CCUIT, New Media Consortium, and Sloan-C.
- Courses being used in Graduate Nursing, Graduate Education, and Graduate Leadership programs
Previous Classes Taught
- For the past 10+ years primarily focused on Adult learners seeking leadership positions in Education and Healthcare, 30+ years of education and technology leadership