Jim SmithComputer Technician
- B.S. Secondary Education—New Mexico State University; minors in Math Chemistry and Physics
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-Th, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm Friday Office: Technology Service Center - TSC 106A Phone #: (806) 720-7124 Fax #: 806.720.7115 Jim.Smith@LCU.EDU
- Jim and his wife Lorna (Business Office) moved to Lubbock in 2001. That fall Jim began working with Technology Services and has been involved in hardware and software installation and maintenance ever since.
- Jim is a 1971 graduate of New Mexico State University. After graduating, he spent two years teaching junior high math and science in Hagerman, New Mexico and also taught Chemistry at Eastern New Mexico University - Roswell.
- In 1974 he began working with the City of Carlsbad, New Mexico Health Department where he did mosquito abatement, stream water testing for E. Coli and soft ice cream sampling and testing.
- In 1975 Jim was hired by the State of New Mexico Environment Department as an Air Monitoring Specialist in Carlsbad. He maintained and operated air monitoring equipment over 3 counties in southeastern New Mexico.
- In 1980 Jim transferred to the position of Environmentalist with the New Mexico Environment Department where he conducted restaurant food inspections, swimming pool inspections, septic tank installation inspections and various other environmentally related duties.
- In 1998 he was promoted to Environmental Supervisor for Eddy and Lea counties of southeastern New Mexico where he over saw a staff of 6 environmentalists and other staff until his retirement from the agency in 2001.
- He has three daughters, and five grandsons.
- He enjoys singing and traveling.