Your Hometown Doctor Away From Home
The Medical Clinic is staffed with a full-time physician and a registered nurse that is available to see you for all your primary health care needs - everything that you would expect from your regular physician back home. From annual physicals to sprained wrists to mental health service, Student Health specializes in students. We understand the unique needs of students – things like offering same-day appointments – and we provide a non-judgmental environment for our diverse student body at LCU.
The Medical Clinic is conveniently located on the second floor of the Mabee Student Life Building. (a.k.a. The SUB) Please come by and get to know your medical staff!
The LCU Medical Clinic seeks to facilitate the academic success and retention of students by maintaining their maximum health and wellness through the delivery of quality medical care while encouraging personal responsibility and good stewardship in a Christian atmosphere.
Medical Clinic Goals
- Offer a high quality primary health care service that is accessible, efficient, personalized, and cost effective.
- Promote healthy lifestyles through inter-departmental coordination-of-care and education with a focus on lifelong personal wellness.
- Support and maintain a healthy campus environment.
- Office visit fee $10.00 - Cash, Check or Charge to Student Account only - Insurance not accepted.
- Walk-ins accommodated when possible; appointments preferred
- Limited on-site laboratory testing e.g. Strep throat, mononucleosis, urinalysis
- Other laboratory testing available with reduced pricing through local laboratory
- Referrals to specialists provided as needed
- Assistance with diagnostic testing, such as x-rays, as needed
- Close association with LCU counseling center providing a team approach for those experiencing depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues