Application to the Family Nurse Practitioner Track is a two phase process involving the Graduate Studies Office and the Graduate Nursing Department. To start the application process, complete the on-line student application. Once you have submitted the on-line application, you will be contacted soon with further instructions on when and where to submit the additional information listed below.
LCU MSN / FNP Program Admission Criteria
- Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university (BSN preferred)
- Completed LCU student application
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative or last 60 hours)
- 2 years full-time RN work experience
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Faculty Interview (All applicants may not necessarily be granted an interview)
- Submission of personal essay specifying your interest in becoming a family nurse practitioner, your long-term career goals, and why you chose this graduate program. Essay should be double spaced and not exceed 2 pages in length.
- 3 letters of recommendation (1 letter must be from FNP or physician)
- Professional Resume / CV
- Verification of current Texas licensure as RN
- Completion of criminal background check
- $35 (non-refundable) application fee