Morton,CathyAdjunct Professor of Education
Office Hours: Please call or email for an appointment. Phone #: 806.720.7876 Cathy.Morton@lcu.edu
- Online Instructors Course Certification, Harris County Department of Education, Houston, Texas
- Web Instructors Certification, Texas Virtual Schools
- Certified Trainer, "A Framework for Understanding Poverty," ahaProcess, Inc.
Currently, Dr. Morton is working as:
- Director, Rolling Plains Education Consortium
- Independent Consultant:
- Grant Writing
- Technology Management
- Public Relations
Prior Employed as:
- Adjunct Faculty, College of Education, University of North Texas
- Coordinator, Planning and Development, Education Service Center Region XVII
- Director, Panhandle-South Plains Center for Professional Development/Technology Lecturer, School of Mass Communications, Texas Tech
- University Program Director, Nonprofit Management Program, Center for Public Service, Texas Tech University
Recognized by Texas Distance Learning Association for Outstanding Commitment and Innovation in Distance Learning Recognized by alumni survey among top 5% of teaching faculty at Texas Tech Nominated for the President's Excellence in Teaching Award by the School of Mass Communications, Texas Tech University Recognized as Outstanding Advisor (national award), Public Relations Student Society of America L.U. Kaiser Innovation in Teaching Award, School of Mass Communications for four years running Nominated by United Way of Lubbock for Texas Governor's Award for Outstanding Volunteer Service Recognized by the Lubbock Committee for Women with a Pathfinders Award
TCEA, Grant Writing Workshops for Classroom Teachers, ongoing. Region 17, Grant Writing Workshops for Classroom Teachers, ongoing. Region 17, Grant Writing Workshops for Public School Administrators, ongoing. Region 17, Legal Issues in Technology, annually. Region 17, Building Campus-Level Technology Champions, annually. Multiple grants funded through various agencies Many years of research experience in a variety of areas
- Morton, Cathy, "An Objective Approach to Grant Writing, " Texas Computer Education Association convention (February 2008, 2009
- Morton, Cathy, "An Objective Approach to Grant Writing, " TEA MidWinter Admin Conf, Austin, TX (Jan. 1997 - 2000, 2002).
- Morton, Cathy, & Thompson, Karen, "Focusing on Technology, " Home Economics Education Conference, Arlington, TX (July 1997).
- Morton, Cathy, "An Objective Approach to Grant Writing, " Business Edu Prof Improvement Conf., Austin, TX (July 1997).
- Morton, Cathy, & Thompson, Karen, "Focusing on Technology, " Cornerstones of Home Econ Edu, TTU College of Human Sci. (Spring 1997).
- Morton, Cathy, "Teleconferencing, Telecommunications, and Teachers," NECC annual conference, Baltimore, MD. (June 1995). Many other publications written during her career.