M.S. In Counseling
Counseling professions offer excellent opportunities for employment. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of mental health counselors is expected to grow 37 percent from 2010 to 2020. The M.S. in Counseling from Lubbock Christian University will help prepare you to serve the growing needs of individuals who are seeking out counseling services. The M.S. in Counseling will prepare you to take the licensing exam for both a Licensed Professional Counselor and a Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of Texas.
At LCU, you will discover doctorate level faculty members who are committed to be excellent teachers and outstanding practitioners. Our courses provide innovative and hands-on-instruction to help you develop as a person and as a practitioner. You’ll enjoy small classes taught by cutting-edge professionals. At LCU, you will experience comprehensive training in professional counseling taught from a Christian perspective. You will learn about the professional theories and practices in the counseling field and how a Christian perspective interacts with these practices.
Currently, 100% of our graduates have passed their licensing exams in the state of Texas because we offer a rigorous and challenging program that will help you be prepared for a rewarding career in a fast-growing profession.
Graduates will be able to:
- Effectively counseling in individual, family, and group settings.
- Conduct career assessments and help clients develop career goals
- Recognize when culture impacts personal and professional relationships
- Diagnosis mental illness and develop effective treatment plans
- Recognize when dysfunctional communication impacts family relationships
- Understand cutting edge research and how it can shape effective interventions
- Uphold the ethical and legal standards of the counseling profession
Learn more about becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor and our M.S. in Counseling. Contact Saundra Pounds at Saundra.firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re ready for a rewarding career that makes a positive impact in the lives of others, LCU’s Master's degree in Counseling will prepare you to do just that and become a professional counselor.