Student Financial Policies
The university offers the following options for payment of accounts.
- Payment in full–Checks and cash are accepted in the Business Office. Checks may be mailed to the Business Office at 5601 19th St, Lubbock, TX 79407. Online payment using e-checks or major credit cards is available through QuickBill accessible through the university website. A 2.75% service fee is charged for payments by credit card or debit card.
- Payment with financial aid–Students should apply for financial aid in time for the process to be completed and the financial aid awarded by the first day of the term.
- Monthly Payment Plan–The university uses Tuition Management Systems (TMS) for monthly payment plans. Students should calculate their expenses for the year, subtract their financial aid and contact TMS at 1-800-356-8329 or online at www.afford.com/lcu. Online program students are not eligible for TMS.
- Online statements are uploaded monthly and are viewable online with a login and password. FERPA prohibits the university from providing access to anyone other than the student.
Other services provided by the business office include the following.
- Check cashing–students may cash personal checks with their student identification card. A fee will be assessed.
- Printing account–students wanting to add money to their campus printing account.
- Meal plans–students may purchase a variety of meal plans.
Payment of Account
Undergraduate student account balances are payable in full on or before October 1st for the fall and March 1st for the spring. Graduate student account balances must be paid on the last day of the refund period for the enrollment term. Accounts not complying with the above policy will be assessed a late payment charge of $200 and the account will be placed on hold. Late fees will not be assessed to students current in their monthly payments to TMS. Payment arrangements for summer courses must be made by the first day of class. The university does not release student academic records if educational costs are not paid. Students will not be allowed to register for classes if there is a hold on the account.
Tuition and room and board refunds are computed on a declining scale based on when students withdraw from the university or drop a course. Fees are not refundable. Request for withdrawals or drops must be made by completing a withdrawal or drop form which is available from the registrar. Refunds of tuition and room and board will be made according to the following refund schedule. Students must pay drop/add fees when schedule changes occur.
Sixteen Week Terms
- 1st through the 5th day of term–100%
- 6th through 10th day of term–80%
- 11th through 15th day of term–60%
- 16th through final day of term–0%
Short Terms and Online Programs
- Prior to 1st day of term, or the 1st through the 8th calendar day of the term–100%
- After the eighth calendar day of the term–no refund
Cancellations occur when registration is cancelled prior to the first day of the term. Requests for cancellations must be communicated to the registrar. Requests for cancellations received after classes begin will only be granted when the requestor never attended class or used university resources. Pre-booked travel/trip expenses are not refundable for cancellations.
Tuition and Fees for Campus Programs
|Undergraduate Fall and Spring||Tuition||Health Service Fee|
|1-5 hours||$518 per hour||$35 per semester|
|6-8 hours||$518 per hour||$60 per semester|
|9-11 hours||$621 per hour||$60 per semester|
|12-18 hours||$9600 per semester||$100 per semester|
|19 hours||$10221 per semester||$100 per semester|
|20 hours||$10842 per semester||$100 per semester|
|21+ hours||$11463 per semester||$100 per semester|
|Undergraduate Nursing||$393 per hour|
|Graduate Biblical Studies||$279 per hour|
|Graduate Leadership||$388 per hour|
|Graduate Counseling/School Counseling||$388 per hour|
|Graduate Education||$388 per hour|
|Graduate Nursing (Ed/Lead Track)||$388 per hour|
|Graduate Nursing (FNP Track)||$450 per hour|
|Audit||$130 per hour|
|Lubbock Christian School||$90 per hour|
|Undergraduate Summer||$455 per hour|
|Online/Hybrid Course Fee||$100 per course|
|Ring Installment||$90 per term for first four terms|
Tuition and Fees for Online Programs
|Organizational Management||$460 per hour|
|Organizational Leadership||$460 per hour|
|Graduate Clinical Mental Health Counseling||$495 per hour|
|Graduate Human Services||$425 per hour|