Anderson,DavidAssociate Professor of Leadership
- Doctoral studies Texas Tech University - Public Administration / Political Science / Leadership 1994-1995; 1999-2003.
- Graduate coursework in leadership at Southwest Baptist University in 2007.
- M.S., Amberton University - Professional Development: Speech Communication / Business, 1988
- B.A., Texas Tech University - Political Science / Speech Communication, 1975
Founding Executive Director of The Leadership Center, Lubbock Christian University, Lubbock, Texas 2007 – 2012.
Office Hours: email for an appointment Phone #: 806.720.7366 Cell Phone #: 806.796.1779 David.Anderson@LCU.EDU
Prior to coming to Lubbock Christian University, David was Director of Graduate Programs and the Center for Professional Development in the College of Business Administration at Texas Tech University. During his business career he held positions as Vice President and General Manager, Vice President of Sales, Director of Operations, and as a Sales and Marketing Executive in the administrative support services industry. He worked for Pandick Technologies and Xerox. David was named to Who's Who Among American Teachers in 2002 (7th Edition) and 2005 (9th Edition). He is listed as Who's Who in Finance and Industry 1992-1993 and 1994-1995. David is the author of How to Get the Most from Your Performance Appraisal, Salary Administration, Fair Employment Practices, and Career Planning and Development Guide.
Family Fun Fact - David's great grandfather, George Washington Taylor, was the nephew of Zachary Taylor, the 12th President of the United States.
David is married to Jill, his high school sweetheart, and they have four adult children - Michelle (married to Paul), Julie (married to Jorge), Wade, and Kyle. They have four grandchildren - Ashlynn, Dustin, Emma and Mila. Jill teaches second grade at Wright Elementary. David and Jill attend the Broadway Church of Christ where David serves on the Adult Education ministry.
- Leadership in Organizations
- Organization Theory
- Organizational Behavior & Theory
- Systems in Organizational Communication
- Communication for the Professional
- Group Communication
Previous Classes Taught
- Organizational Leadership
- Organizational Concepts
- Group and Organizational Behavior
- Strategic Planning
- Speech Communication for Teachers
- Introduction to Public Address