Camp,PhilipProfessor of Music, Director of Choirs
- Bachelor of Music Education, Abilene Christian University ,1990
- Master of Music in Choral Music, Arizona State University, 1992
- Ph. D. in Fine Arts, Choral Conducting, Texas Tech University, 2002
Phone #: 806-720-7427 Cell Phone #: 806.549.0195 Fax #: 806.720.7255 Philip.Camp@LCU.EDU
Dr. Camp began teaching for Lubbock Christian University in the fall of 1996, and earned the Ph. D. in fine arts with an emphasis in choral conducting from Texas Tech University in 2002. With experience in both ministry and music, Dr. Camp also has conducted LCU choral groups in overseas evangelism campaigns as well as many local and regional outreach concerts with churches, performing throughout Texas and the Southwestern U.S. International venues for the choirs have included evangelism campaigns to the Philippines (1998), Mexico (2000), Eastern Australia (2001 and 2005), Ireland (2003), and Eastern Europe (2007, 2009, 2011, and 2013).
Dr. Camp also has served on the Advisory Board for Eastern European Mission and currently serves on the Board of Directors for Camp Blue Haven. He has worked on the permanent summer staff for Camp Blue Haven from 1996-1999, and from 2001-2009. Dr. Camp serves as a Deacon for the Twelfth Street Church of Christ in Shallowater, and is married to Dr. Tammy Camp. They have two children.
For the latest newsletter on the choral activities for 2012-13, see www.lcu.edu/choir-newsletter
- Chamber Singers Performances for Ascending Voice 3, Pepperdine University, May 2013
- Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs, LCU Choirs 1998-2012 in three CDs, released August, 2012.
- Conductor, LCU and Wayland Combined Choir Performances of Handel's Coronation Anthems, April, 2012
- Conductor, LCU and Wayland Combined Choir Performances of Te Deum by Mark Hayes, April 15, 2010.
- August, 2009: “Take notes: Church music Lacks True Harmony, Singing Experts Say," Christian
- Chronicle, Published Interview.
- Majestic, Praise Choir and Chamber Singers 2008-2009 CD Recording, released June 15, 2009
- Director, Praise Choir Campaign and Outreach Performances: Donetsk and Ivano-Frankovsk, Ukraine, March, 2009
- That's Why We Praise Him, Praise Choir and Chamber Singers 2007-2008 CD Recording, Spring, 2008
- Orchestra Conductor for LCU Musical, Little Women, October, 2008
- Conductor, LCU and Wayland Baptist University Combined Choir Performances, Mozart Vespers, K. 339, Spring, 2008
- Director, Praise Choir Campaign Outreach Performances: Donetsk, Ukraine, and Vienna, Austria, March, 2007
- Were You There? Praise Choir and Chamber Singers 2006-2007 CD Recording, Spring, 2007
- Orchestra Conductor for LCU Musical, Guys and Dolls, October, 2006
- Sounds of Praise III, Praise Choir CD Recording, Fall 2006
- 2006-present, Director of Master Follies Hosts and Hostesses
- “Alexandre Gretchaninoff, 1864-1956: Leading Composer and Spokesman for the New Russian Choral School,” Choral Journal, the Official Publication of the American Choral Directors Association, September, 2006, Vol. 47, No. 3
- Praise Choir
- Chamber Singers
- Secondary Choral Methods
- Elementary and Advanced Sight-Singing and Ear Training
- Music Literature
Previous Classes Taught
- A Survey of the Music of Worship
- General and Advanced Conducting