Early Childhood Education Admission Requirements
- An overall grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 system at the baccalaureate level
- Demonstration of basic skills on a state mandated test (THEA) in mathematics, reading, and writing per the requirements listed previously in the Educator Certification Admissions section of this catalog
- Demonstration of skill in computing and technology through either successful completion of course work or proficiency review
- Demonstration of speech competency with emphasis on oral proficiency in the English language through successful completion of course work
- Successful completion of the following courses with a minimum GPA of 2.75
Middle School Specialist or Secondary and All-Level Admission Requirements
- Earned Bachelor degree with acceptable course work in an area of certification.
- Acceptable score on all parts of the THEA or GRE. The score must be no more than 5 years old. The GRE is required for those pursuing a graduate degree.
- 2.75 Cumulative GPA or 3.0 in last 60 hours.
- 24 approved hours in proposed teaching field with 15 advanced or 36 approved hours in a proposed composite or all-level field with 21 advanced.
- 3.0 GPA in proposed teaching field.
- Students may take up to six hours of the Pedagogy and Professional Responsibility (PPR) Core before being fully admitted. No other PPR courses can be taken until the student is fully admitted.
- Students that do not achieve an acceptable score on the appropriate content TExES certification exam will not be admitted to the program until they complete a certification deficiency
Early Childhood: Annette Mahan
Middle School Specialist and Secondary: Cathy Box