At Lubbock Christian University we understand that one of the most important responsibilities of a free and compassionate society is to provide a high-quality education to every young person. We know the importance of giving you the tools, resources, support, and real-world experience to become an outstanding, highly sought-after educator.
LCU is nationally-recognized for graduating educators who are well-prepared, experienced, and ready for the classroom. Need proof? LCU's Education Program graduates attain a 96 percent placement rate.
Your education will include valuable experience in real classrooms—in the area or around the world. Plus, you’ll benefit from:
- Professional Development School (PDS) partnerships with the Lubbock Independent School District designed to improve and enhance your education
- Incorporation of Core Knowledge Curriculum in early childhood and middle school programs, offering you a content component
- Student organizations such as Kappa Delta Pi National Honor Society (KDP) and the Student Education Association (SEA) to provide you with professional growth and to foster team spirit
- A cutting-edge media center, including a curriculum lab and curriculum library, to assist and support you as you develop teaching materials
- A wide variety of certification programs to meet your specific needs and interests