- Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., University of Arizona
- B.A., Texas Tech University
Office Hours: By appointment email@example.com
Dr. Collier is a full time teacher at Frenship High School where he teaches American Sign Language(ASL) regular high school classes and dual credit college classes for South Plains College(SPC).
He and his wife, Sonja, have two young adult daughters. Mike and Sonja attend Monterey Church of Christ and serve in the Deaf ministry there. Before moving to Lubbock, they worshipped at Westover Hills Church of Christ in Austin, Texas for 18 plus years.
- Accommodations for Students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing in Post-Secondary Education in Texas(2009). In the American Annals of the Deaf,Volume 153, Number 5, Winter 2009, pp. 450-460. (Cawthon,Nichols and Collier).
- Collier, M. (August 2007). Review of M. Vasishta’s book,Deaf in Delhi: A memoir. In Deafness & Education International.
- Collier, M. (August 2007). Review of N.E. Groce’s book, Everyone here spoke sign language: Hereditary deafness on Martha's Vineyard. In Deafness & Education International.
- Deafness Sensitivity Training Overview(Collier, M., 2006). Training Video on DVD. Produced by the Texas Tech University Health Science Center (TTUHSC). Presented and assisted in editing this training video.
- Report Task Force on Mental Health Services for People who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing (1995). Co-chaired the Texas State-wide Task for on Deaf Mental Health services (1990-1995) which developed and authored this report.
- Transition of youth who are deaf from school to community (1992). Published dissertation.
- Supported employment for deaf people: Current practices and emerging issues(1989). In the Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling; Special Edition. (Danek, M. M., Seay, P., & Collier, M. L).
- American Sign Language(ASL)