Throughout the year, the LCU campus and Office of Alumni Relations is buzzing with activities and events. Here are just a few of the upcoming events we hope you can attend:
- Friday, August 8 - Sunday, August 10, 7:30 pm - "It's a Wonderful Life - the Musical." Join a cast of alumni and friends as they perform this classic at the McDonald-Moody Auditorium. Tickets on sale at LCU.edu/tickets.
- Thursday, August 21 - Freshmen Move-in Day. Alumni volunteers needed to welcome the new Chaps and help move them into the dorms. Newly designed LCU Alumni Volunteer t-shirts will be provided to all volunteers, while supplies last. To volunteer, contact the alumni office at 806.720.7218.
- Monday, August 25 - Classes begin. All early fall classes.
- Monday, August 25, 11:00 am - Opening Chapel.
- Tuesday, August 26 - Wednesday, August 27 - Ring days. Be a part of the tradition - get your LCU ring! Tables set up in the SUB.
- Monday, September 1 - Labor Day. Campus Holiday.
- Sunday, September 28, 3:00 - 5:30 p.m. - LCU Washington Reception. Join us in our nation's capital for a reception at the Renaissance Dupont Circle Hotel. RSVP requested by September 15 to Alumni@LCU.edu or 806.720.7218
- Friday, October 3 - Sunday, October 5 - Family Weekend.
- Saturday, October 4 - LCU Ring Ceremony. You will not want to miss this tradition-rich ceremony in the Baker Conference Center, celebrating the heritage and foundation of Lubbock Christian University.
- Monday, October 6 - Tuesday, October 7 - Moser Ministry Conference, "The Word Became Flesh," featuring Dr. Fred Aquino, Mrs. Judy Siburt, and Dr. Mark Wiebe. Cost is $50 before Sept 26.
- Thursday, October 16 - Sunday, October 19 - Fall Break. Campus holiday.
- Thursday, October 30 11:00 am - 5:00 pm - Healthy Families Conference, "Living Purposely in Culture." Benefit dinner at 7:00 pm. For more information, contact Rebecca Stroman at Rebecca.Stroman@LCU.edu or at 806.720.7826.
- Wednesday, November 26 - Sunday, November 30- Thanksgiving. Campus holiday.
- Monday, December 1, 5:00 pm - Big Blue Family Christmas. Come to the LCU mall area for the Campus Christmas Lighting. More information to come.
Mark your calendars for Homecoming 2014!