Part of serving God is serving others. At LCU, you have the unique opportunity to express your faith through active service in our local community or across the globe.
You can join a student organization, volunteer individually or take part in of one of our campus-wide service projects. These are just a few ways in which you can get involved:
International Justice Mission (IJM): LCU Chapter
IJM is a human rights agency whose work is founded on the Christian call to justice articulated in the Bible (Isaiah 1:17): Seek justice, protect the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow. The LCU campus chapter is comprised of students concerned about issues of injustice and desire to work together as advocates for the oppressed in a world of suffering. IJM sponsors many activities throughout the year to raise awareness of issues such as hunger, poverty and homelessness.
One Saturday each spring LCU students, faculty and staff spread across the Lubbock community to volunteer and work in multiple service projects organized and led by students. This day-long event is sponsored by the Inter Club Council (ICC) and aims to unite all social clubs under the goal of showing Christ to the community. Collide projects change each year and might include serving the homeless, volunteering at area nursing homes, preparing food for Angel Food Ministries or working at the South Plains Food Bank Farm.
U Can Share Canned Food Drive
Each year Lubbock Christian University challenges its faculty staff and students in a community-wide effort to feed the needy and hungry of Lubbock and the South Plains.
Social clubs and student organizations compete for the honor of representing LCU and to appear on live television as they present the donated pallets of food to the South Plains Food Bank.
The generosity of LCU students is known throughout the area and many organizations will present opportunities for you to donate your time and energy. Some of the organizations LCU students are involved with include:
- Texas Boys Ranch: www.texasboysranch.org
- Children's Home of Lubbock: www.childshome.org
- Carpenters Church: an inner city church under the sponsorship of the Broadway Church of Christ that ministers to the local homeless community. http://www.carpenterslubbock.org/Carpenters_Church/Welcome.html
- Eastern European Mission: www.eem.org
- English Language Institute/Camp China: http://www.elic.org
- Mission experiences:Each spring break or summer you have the opportunity to live out your faith by joining groups of LCU students who choose to work with God all over the world on either a spring break mission experience, summer mission experience or a mission internship. The spring break mission trips are planned and led by students, allowing you to acquire front-line ministry and leadership experience and also directly engage with people who are disenfranchised and in need. This activity in Jesus' name powerfully shapes the lives of those who participate.