Functional Title: Administrative Assistant to the Office of the President
Classification: Salary position - exempt
Department: President’s Office
Qualifications: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience as an administrative assistant. Experience and education may be substituted for one another. Preferred qualifications include active membership of the church of Christ and experience working at a college or university.
- Supervise, prepare and manage office budgets.
- Work in coordination with the President and Executive VP to develop goals and assessment criteria for Office.
- Maintain information in Trac Dat related to goals/assessment for the office.
- Meet, greet and direct all appointments/visitors to appropriate offices.
- Create a professional, yet “approachable” atmosphere.
- Collect and manage correspondence, individual and collective communication, meetings and policies for the Board of Trustees.
- Represent the Office of the President on various committees.
- Conduct, compose and prepare oral and written communication for the Office of the President.
- Plan and coordinate various receptions, luncheons, and special events on behalf of the Office of the President
- Manage phone, calendar, and mail for the President and Executive Vice President as assigned.
- Supervise and maintain Presidential and Board of Trustee filing system.
- Purchase basic office supplies and assume responsibility for the inventory of office furnishings.
- Supervise part-time employees/student workers in the Office of the President.
- Review credit card reports for departments reporting to the Office of the President.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be dependable and self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and be detailed- oriented in order to accurately execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of time management principles needed to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively organize information, events and resources.
- Skill in effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality on all matters related to the Office of the President and Board of Trustees is essential.
- Excellent public relations skills are required.
- Excellent grammar and spelling skills.
- Knowledge in Microsoft office, basic word processing, spreadsheet functions, email and data management office applications
Physical Demands: While performing the essential duties of this job, the Administrative Assistant is occasionally required to lift supplies and/or move objects up to 25 pounds, climb stairs and must be able to regularly sit and stand for long periods of time, frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing.
Accountability: This position reports to the Office of the President.