Assistant Professor of Nursing
Functional Title: Assistant Professor
Classification: Faculty, Full Time, Tenure Track
Reports To: RN/BSN Director
Primary Function: Undergraduate Nursing
Major Duties: The Department of Nursing offers a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing as well as Master’s degree in Nursing. The duties of this position include:
- Teaching upper and lower level Nursing courses, 12-hour course load per semester
- Advising and mentoring students
- Serving on Nursing and University committees
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be willing to uphold the values of Lubbock Christian University.
Committed membership in the Church of Christ.
Attend necessary state conferences and meetings.
Current enrollment or intent to enroll in a doctoral program in nursing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain records and accurate academic plans
- Ability to maintain a collaborative relationship with community agencies
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Ability and desire to conduct behavioral science research as necessary
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Education and Experience:
Earned doctorate required – or a commitment to complete a doctorate in nursing. Strong leadership experience. University teaching experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.