Coordinator, On-line Graduate Nursing
Functional Title: Associate Professor, On-line Graduate Nursing Coordinator
Classification: Faculty, Full Time, Tenure Track
Reports To: MSN Director
Primary Function: On-line Graduate Nursing
The Department of Nursing offers a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing as well as Master’s degree in Nursing.
The duties of this position include:
- Administrative duties and program evaluation
- Make periodic evaluations of the effectiveness of the instruction in nursing programs
- Coordinate assessment of the courses and degree programs of the nursing programs and, in collaboration with MSN Director, determine curricular and/or teaching method improvements
- Teaching graduate level Nursing courses (primarily on-line), 12-hour course load per semester
- Advising and mentoring students
- Serving on Nursing and University committees
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Must be willing to uphold the values of Lubbock Christian University.
Committed membership in the Church of Christ.
Attend necessary state conferences and meetings.
Hold a Master of Science in Nursing degree.
Hold an earned doctorate in Nursing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain records and accurate academic plans
- Ability to maintain a collaborative relationship with community agencies
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is essential.
- Ability and desire to conduct nursing research as necessary
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to teach in an online and/or hybrid format.
Education and Experience:
Earned doctorate in Nursing required. Strong leadership experience. University teaching experience in online/hybrid and classroom required.
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 50+lbs.