Functional Title: Tenure-Track Faculty
Classification: Full Time
Division: B. Ward Lane College of Professional Studies
Department: Natural Sciences
Reports To: Dean, B. Ward College of Professional Studies
Primary Function: Teaching and advising students. Teaching responsibilities may vary within the areas of Cell Biology, General Genetics and Advanced Biotechnology. Teaching responsibilities may vary within the chosen candidate’s area of specialty, but will primarily include Cell Biology, General Genetics, and Advanced Biotechnology. Additional responsibilities will include advising students in the health professions, serving on university and departmental committees, and other departmental duties as assigned. Research that can be integrated with undergraduate education is highly encouraged.
- Teaching 12-15 semester hours of class work
- Participating in the advising of students as appropriate to their academic progress.
- Posting and keeping regular office hours – at least 10 hours per week.
- Attending daily chapel
- Serving on required faculty committees.
- Supporting campus activities and student groups.
- Attending and supporting campus activities; student appreciation dinner; graduation.
- Maintaining quality level of teaching requirements.
- Maintaining current information regarding teaching field.
- Employing effective measurement devises in evaluating student performance.
- Encouraging student use of every resource of the institution, including the library.
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. Degree or ABD in genetics or closely related field at the time of application.
- Prior teaching experience preferred
Physical Requirements: While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be ambulatory around campus and in buildings.
- Required to regularly sit and stand.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing, distributing mail and picking up small objects.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed and/or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.
- Required to lift packages and/or move heavy objects, 25+lbs.
Candidates should submit a letter of application describing their qualifications, statement of teaching experience or aptitude for teaching, and a statement explaining how the candidate plans to integrate her/his Christian faith into teaching and leadership responsibilities of this position. Candidates should also submit curriculum vitae, official transcripts; three professional references (include names, addresses, e-mail addresses and phone numbers). Please submit these materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org.