Functional Title: Assistant Vice President - Enrollment Management
Classification: Salary; Exempt
Organization: Lubbock Christian University
Division: Enrollment Management
General Description: Plan and lead enrollment management efforts and manage financial aid scholarship budget.
Essential Functions: Responsible for admissions, recruiting, retention, scholarship budget development, and the awarding of financial aid. Also responsible for all day to day activities and decisions involved in these areas.
- Plan, direct and review the activities and operations of the Enrollment Management Division.
- Supervise directly or through subordinate supervisors all division staff.
- Oversee and participate in the hiring, training and evaluation of division staff.
- Develop departmental budgets with input from program directors, budget administrators and/or staff, and maintain accountability for budget expenditures.
- Engage in strategic planning and execution of recruiting plans in order to recruit high caliber students to the university, ensuring appropriate objectives and activities based on division goals.
- Responsible for trend analysis, application counts and accountability reports.
- Develop, maintain and implement division policies and procedures.
- Represent the division and serve on various department and university committees.
- Serve as representative of the university at state, regional and national organizations, boards, councils, and committees as assigned.
- Direct and oversee the development and evaluation of division programs.
- Manage prospective student database, collecting and utilizing data to increase effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
- Oversee the awarding process of institutional, state and federal financial aid, as well as the management of the university scholarship budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to university recruiting and admissions processes, including the successful leadership, management and training of a team of recruiters/admissions counselors and customer service representatives.
- Excellent skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Proven leadership experience and management of people, as well as knowledge of organizational management.
- Experience in budget preparation, management and forecasting.
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving and decision-making.
- Demonstrated skill for strategic planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.
- Skill in program design and development.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of admissions criteria and financial aid procedures.
- A bachelor’s degree is required with at least two years of related administrative experience, including six months of supervisory experience.
Physical Demands: Sitting, bending, some lifting. Be ambulatory across entire campus. Ability to handle stress of multiple tasks and deadlines.
Accountability: Reports to the Executive Vice President.