Functional Title: Academic Administrative Assistant/ Adjunct Faculty
Department: Department of Communication/Fine Arts
Reports to: Department Chair
Primary Function: Teaches and Provides reception and office management support.
Essential Functions: Serve as adjunct faculty and as clerical support to the Department Chair; responsible for coordinating day to day office services and related activities including faculty coordination, purchasing supplies and equipment in accordance with University purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions, and may participate as needed with special projects for the faculty within the Department of Communication/Fine Arts.
Description of Duties:
- Teaching one to two courses per semester as assigned in the designated area
- Managing information flow from the Department Chair.
- Typing correspondence, e-mail, memos and visual aids and/or material for classes.
- Answering and directing phone calls.
- Occasionally assisting faculty with projects and visual materials.
- Performing reception/secretarial duties for faculty.
- Responsible for standardization of office procedures and department contacts.
- Requesting purchase orders and checks for department.
- Retrieving, opening, distributing, and prioritizing incoming mail.
- Taking notes or minutes at departmental related meetings.
- Scheduling, training and supervising student workers.
- Organizing Department events (i.e., cookouts, conferences, lectures, etc.)
- Reporting on budgets and accounts
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Teaching ability in academic area
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
- Skill in the use of standard office equipment and computer software including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone and in person with students, staff, faculty and administration.
- Must uphold and support the mission and core values of Lubbock Christian University.
Education and/or Experience
Masters Degree in Art, Communication, Music, or Theatre required. Teaching experience preferred but not required.
Physical Requirements: The essential duties of this job requires the ability to sit and stand sporadically, frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such as typing and picking up small objects, ability to talk frequently to convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly and must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information, and occasionally required to lift supplies and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Visual abilities are required by this job to prepare or proof documents or operate basic office equipment.