Assistant Professor of Elementary Education
Functional Title: Assistant Professor
Classification: Faculty, Full Time, Tenure Track
Department: School of Education
Reports To: Associate Dean
Primary Function: Elementary Education Faculty
The School of Education offers Bachelor’s degrees in Elementary-Middle School-Secondary Education, as well as Master’s degrees in Teaching-Leadership-Special Education. The duties of this position include:
- Teaching upper and lower level Elementary Education courses, 12-hour course load per semester
- Advising and mentoring students
- Serving on School of Education and University committees
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Willingness to uphold the values of Lubbock Christian University Committed membership in the Church of Christ
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Maintain records and accurate academic plans
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with area schools
- Attend necessary state conferences and school meetings
- Teach 12-hour load each semester
- Ability and desire to conduct educational research as necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to help students, faculty, and staff in a professional manner
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Education and Experience:
- Earned doctorate preferred, Master’s degree required - with a commitment to pursue a doctorate in an appropriate field
- Minimum of five years certified public school teaching experience
- Valid Texas Teacher Certificate or comparable certification
- Strong leadership experiences
While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following:
- Must be able to maneuver around campus and in buildings.
- Frequently use wrist, hands and/or fingers to make small repetitive movements such keyboarding necessary for email communication.
- Ability to talk frequently to convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Ability to operate/maintain personal vehicle.
- Be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive verbal information.